For Your Comfort And Safety
At Laurelhurst Dentistry, your comfort is our top priority. Our friendly staff will do their best to put you at ease and address any questions or requests that you may have. For our apprehensive patients, we offer nitrous oxide or additional oral sedation options.We want every dental experience with us to be the best possible, so please let us know if you are interested in these services. We strive to be the best dentists Portland has to offer.
Payment, Insurance, Billing And Financing Options
The cost of treatment depends on each person’s dental needs and treatment choices. After a comprehensive exam at Laurelhurst Dentistry, we will present our recommendations as well as discuss alternative treatment options so you can make an informed decision.
We want to help you receive the dental care you need, and understand that financial information is an important part of decision making. Laurelhurst Dentistry works hard to make dental care affordable and to help you take full advantage of your insurance benefits.
We accept most major dental insurance plans. We recommend you check with your individual insurance provider to make sure that you are able to see the dentist of your choice. There are some plans that require you to go to a specific clinic or network of providers with whom we are not associated.
Our office is strictly a third party who relays information your insurance provides to us. Therefore, we encourage all of our patients to contact their insurance company before treatment if they are concerned about dental coverage. As a courtesy to our patients, we bill most major dental insurance companies on your behalf.
With the information your insurance company provides us, we will do our best to provide you an estimate of your co-pay prior to your appointment. Please read your insurance benefit booklet and understand all waiting periods, frequency limitations, age limits and any exceptions and exclusions to your coverage.
As a courtesy, we gladly process your insurance claims and estimate the amount not covered by your insurance. This entire estimated co-pay is due at the time of service. All incurred charges are ultimately the responsibility of the patient regardless of insurance coverage.
In an effort to keep fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established the following financial policy:
- Payment is required in full, at the time of service.
- For patients without insurance, we offer a 5% courtesy discount for full payment with cash or check at the time of service or a 3% discount for full payment with a credit card.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Long-term financing with low-interest rates is also available through Care Credit and Chase financing. This program is a low, and in some cases, zero-interest credit line which provides a flexible payment plan and can also be used for a variety of other health care services. More information is available online at www.carecredit.com or by calling our office.
- Any balances over 30 days old will be subject to a 1.5% monthly finance charge. Returned checks for insufficient funds or closed accounts are subject to a $25.00 fee. If a check is returned, cash, Visa, MasterCard, or CareCredit will be the only accepted form of payment.
- All payment plans must be made prior to treatment.
At Laurelhurst Dentistry, we do not want finances to stand in the way of providing the treatment our patients need. Our office will work with you to assure a financial arrangement that is as reasonable as possible for the patient and the dental office.
When you schedule an appointment, we reserve that time especially for you. We understand that situations arise and you may need to reschedule. As a courtesy, we ask that you contact our office 48 hours in advance to change an appointment. You may be charged a $60/hr fee for missed appointments.
If a minor is not accompanied by their parent/guardian, arrangements for payment need to made prior to the appointment. In the case of divorced parents, the parent accompanying the child is responsible for services rendered.